Income Tax 2013 / Preliminary Tax 2014
The 31st October Income Tax return deadline is fast approaching so it’s time to gather your 2013 information together to ensure your return is processed in time.
For clients who file their Income Tax return and make the appropriate payment through ROS for:
- Preliminary Tax 2014
- Income Tax Balance for 2013
the due date is extended to Thursday, 13th November 2014.
What do you need to send in to GSW to prepare your 2013 Income Tax return?
- details of your earned income for the year (i.e. Forms P60 and tax credit certificates, Sole Trade Income & Expenditure records),
- details of all investment income (e.g. rental income, bank/building society interest and dividends etc.),
- receipts in respect of any medical expenses incurred during the year,
- details of any new sources of income (i.e. items not included on your last income tax return),
- details of any other reliefs you may be entitled to (e.g. permanent health insurance, rent relief, retirement annuity contributions, tuition fees, film investment etc.)
- details of any chargeable assets acquired or disposed of by you during the year.
Capital Gains Tax (CGT) 2014
Please note that the payment dates for Capital Gains Tax are as follows:
|Date of Disposal||Date CGT payment is due|
|Between 1 January 2014 – 30 November 2014||15 December 2014|
|Between 1 December 2014 – 31 December 2014||31 January 2015|
If you have made or expect to make any disposals by the 31st December 2014, we would be grateful if you could provide us with the details in sufficient time for us to compute your Capital Gains Tax liability by the above deadline dates.
Capital Acquisitions Tax (CAT) 2014
For clients who received gifts or inheritances with a valuation date between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 the deadline for returning the CAT Form IT38 and making a payment to the Revenue Commissioners is the 31st October 2014.
Where the CAT return and the appropriate payment is made through ROS, the due date is extended to Thursday, 13th November 2014.
Contact Grainne Nolan, GSW Tax if you have any further queries on the Pay & File Deadline 2014. GSW Accountants & Tax Advisors provide comprehensive accounting & tax services to cater for all business requirements.